By far the most important currency in use in the eurobond market for denominating eurobonds is the United States dollar. Before exploring the reasons for this however it is worthwhile examining the role of ‘key’ currencies.
KeywordsInterest Rate Foreign Currency Bond Issue Current Account Balance Swiss Franc
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Based on H. G. Grubel, The International Monetary System (Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1969) pp. 190–2.Google Scholar
- 2.For an analysis of the investment currency market see P. K. Woolley, ‘Britian’s Investment Currency Premium’, Lloyds Bank Review (July 1974).Google Scholar
- 6.Long Term Credit Bank of Japan, Quarterly Review of Japanese Industry, No. 5 (Sep 1971) p. 2.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Cousins, ‘Tokyo’s International Role – A Long Way to Go’, Banker (Oct 1972) p. 1308.Google Scholar
- 8.The Bank of Japan, The Japanese Financial System (Tokyo, 1972) p. 80.Google Scholar