Economical ocean transportation demands efficiency in the design and operation of ports and ships. If efficiency of these elements is secured then the costs incurred in ocean transportation will be as low as they can be within the existing structure of trade. In terms of economic jargon one would say that cost function has been minimised within the constraint of the given institutional framework.
KeywordsTransport Cost Natural Rubber Institutional Framework Export Trade Ocean Transport
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- TD/B/C.4/59 The Maritime Transportation of Tropical Timber.Google Scholar
- TD/B/C.4/60 The Maritime Transportation of Natural Rubber.Google Scholar
- TD/B/C.4/67 The Economics of Bulking Cargoes.Google Scholar
- TD/B/C.4/76 The Impact on World Seaborne Trade of Changes in Shipping Costs.Google Scholar
- TD/B/C.4/85 The Maritime Transportation of Jute.Google Scholar