Intra-Partum Monitoring: An Obstetrician’s View and a Physicist’s Response
In 1969 at the Southern General Hospital, an investigation was started to review foetal heart monitoring equipment for the new Maternity Unit. This review was conducted in collaboration with the Department of Clinical Physics and Bio-Engineering of the Western Regional Hospital Board and, following the submission of preliminary reports, it was supported by the new Medical Development Fund of the Scottish Home and Health Department.
KeywordsFoetal Heart Foetal Heart Rate Foetal Distress Uterine Contraction Uterine Action
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baumgarten, K. 1969: Private communication.Google Scholar
- Caldeyro-Bacia, R. et al., 1961: Proceedings of the Fourth International Congress on Medical Electronics. Princeton University Press, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- Drillien, C. M. 1964: ‘The Growth and Development of the Prematurely Born Infant’. Livingstone, Edinburgh.Google Scholar
- Hammacher, K. 1962: Geburtsh. u Frauenhk. 22: 1542.Google Scholar
- Hon, E. H., and Hess, O. W. 1960: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 79: 1012.Google Scholar
- Shelley, T. 1969: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 105: 597.Google Scholar