Economic and Social Aspects of Saline Water Use and Management
Salinity problems resulting from high salinities in streams and in shallow watertables arise frequently from the clearing of forests and from irrigation. The major areas affected are the River Murray Valley and the south-western parts of Western Australia and Victoria.
KeywordsDiscount Rate Salinity Level Good Quality Water Salinity Problem Total Dissolve Salt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anon (1969). Quality Aspects of Farm Water Supplies. Dept. of National Development, Canberra.Google Scholar
- Anon (1970). Murray Valley Salinity Investigation. Report for the River Murray Commission by Gutteridge, Haskins and Davey.Google Scholar
- Collett, D. B. (1968). Int. Rept. Dept. Publ. Works, W.A.Google Scholar
- Lansdown, R. B. (1966). Aust. Planning Inst. J. 4, 174.Google Scholar
- Webster, R. G. (1965). Proc. 2nd Australasian Conf. Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics, B7.Google Scholar