This chapter will present a brief discussion of the superpowers’ future prospects. These will depend on the successful solution of their economic and social problems, on the development of their mutual relationship, and on the evolution of their relationship with other powers, particularly China.
KeywordsArmed Conflict Proven Reserve Soviet Economy Soviet Society Military Policy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. J. Patton, The United States and World Resources (Princeton, N.J., 1968) p. 50.Google Scholar
- 2.J. K. Galbraith, The New Industrial State (Boston, 1967) pp. 389–91.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Parry, The New Class Divided (London, 1966) p. 300.Google Scholar
- 5.David Watt in the Financial Times (21 Oct 1970) p. 8.Google Scholar
- 7.Bertrand Russell, Jean-Paul Sartre, Vladimir Deduer, Laurent Schwartz in The Times (London, 9 Oct 1968).Google Scholar