Shafts and Couplings
The need for a flexible coupling as a means of joining a prime mover and driven machine is now universally accepted. Its purpose is to provide a flexible element between two machines, absorbing or minimising torsional fluctuations and relieving bearings of loads imposed by inaccurate alignment or subsequent movement.
KeywordsRubber Coupling Angular Misalignment Flexible Element Single Engagement Flexible Coupling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Machinery Handbook. Machinery Publishing Co London.Google Scholar
- 2.Keys and keyways; BS46 Pt 1. British Standards Institution London.Google Scholar
- 3.SKF oil injection method. The Skefko Ball Bearing Co Ltd (SKF organisation).Google Scholar
- 4. Kerr Wilson. Practical solution of torsional vibration problems (2 vols). Chapman amp; Hall.Google Scholar
- 5.Characteristics of flexible couplings; BS3170. British Standards Institution London.Google Scholar