This chapter and the following three will be theoretical in character. Our aim in these chapters will be to expound the theoretical work on dynamic, short-run macro-relationships which has been done in recent years in the spirit of Keynes, and to give an account of the British empirical research which bears on this work. By this means we hope to provide a strong theoretical framework for the discussion of the central chapters of this part of the book, namely Chapter 6 on policy in relation to the internal balance objective and Chapter 7 on policy in relation to the objective of external balance.
KeywordsIncome Petrol Librium Baumol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ackley, G., Macroeconomic Theory ( New York: Macmillan, 1961 ).Google Scholar
- Duesenberry, J. S., Eckstein, O., and Fromm, G., ‘A Simulation of the United States Economy in Recession’, Econometrica (Oct 1960).Google Scholar
- Griliches, Z., Maddala, G. S., Lucas, R., and Wallace, N. ‘Notes on Estimated Aggregate Quarterly Consumption Functions’, Econometrica (July 1962).Google Scholar
- Katona, G., and Mueller, E., Consumer Attitudes and Demand,1950–1952 ( University of Michigan, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, 1953 ).Google Scholar
- Katona, G., and Mueller, E, Consumer Expectations,1953–56 (University of Michigan, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, 1956 ).Google Scholar
- Mueller, E., ‘Consumer Attitudes: Their Influence and Forecasting Value’, in The Quality and Economic Significance of Anticipations Data (Princeton University Press, 1960 ).Google Scholar
- Mueller, E., ‘Ten Years of Consumer Attitude Surveys: Their Forecasting Record’, Journal of the American Statistical Association (Dec 1963).Google Scholar
- Pearse, P. H., ‘Automatic Stabilization and the British Taxes on Income’, Review of Economic Studies, xxix (1962).Google Scholar
- Stone, R., and Rowe, D. A., ‘A Post-War Expenditure Function’, Manchester School of Economic and Social Studies (May 1962).Google Scholar
- Stone, R., ‘Private Saving in Britain, Past, Present and Future’, Manchester School of Economic and Social Studies (May 1964).Google Scholar
- Suits, D. B., ‘The Determinants of Consumer Expenditure: A Review of Present Knowledge’, in Impacts of Monetary Policy ( Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1963 ).Google Scholar
- Zellner, A., Huang., D. S., and Chau, L. C., ‘Further Analysis of the Short-Run Consumption Function with Emphasis on the Role of Liquid Assets’, Econometrica (July 1965).Google Scholar
- Zellner, A., ‘The Short-Run Consumption Function’, Econometrica (Oct 1957).Google Scholar