We may now review some of the agricultural projects which have been launched or greatly expanded by the Government since independence, and which are intended to spearhead the agrarian ‘revolution’ in Eastern Nigeria.
KeywordsCash Crop Tree Crop Eastern Province Modern Development Agricultural Project
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nigeria, Federal Ministry of Economic Development, National Development Plan. Progress Report 1964 (Lagos, 1964), Table 4•3, p. 63.Google Scholar
- 2.This section draws on materials from a manuscript by C. I. N. Ogbonnaya, ‘A Geographical Appraisal of the Eastern Nigeria Development Corporation’s Plantations’ (Nsukka, 1966).Google Scholar
- 1.M. K. Mba, The First Three Years, A report of the Eastern Nigeria Six-Year Development Plan (Enugu, 1965), p. 9.Google Scholar
- 1.Eastern Nigeria, Ministry of Agriculture, Annual Report, Agricultural Division 1962–63 (Enugu, 1964), p. 32.Google Scholar
- 1.Eastern Nigeria, Ministry of Agriculture, Eastern Nigeria Farm Settlement Scheme (Enugu, 1963), p. 9.Google Scholar
- 1.J. C. U. Eme, ‘Sociological Problems Connected with Farm Settlement Schemes’, Appendix VI in Eastern Nigeria, Ministry of Agriculture, Farm Settlement Scheme, Third Annual Programme Planning Conference, Technical Bulletin No. 4 (Enugu, 1963), p. 61.Google Scholar
- 1.A. H. Hanson, ‘Nile and Niger: Two Agricultural Projects’, Public Administration, xxxviii (1960), p. 345.Google Scholar