Hot continuous wide strip1 rolling is recognised as one of the most important twentieth-century innovations in the steel industry. Its introduction greatly improved the quality of steel sheets and substantially reduced costs.
KeywordsSteel Sheet Continuous Casting Wide Strip Roller Bearing Strip Rolling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Knox, J. D., ‘Rolls Sheet Steel Direct from Ingot Without Reheating’, Iron Trade Review, June 16, 23, 30, 1927.Google Scholar
- 2.Malborn, J., ‘The Development of the Continuous Rolling of Sheet and Tinplate’, Blast Furnace and Steel Plant, Oct. 1938.Google Scholar
- 3.Eppelsheimer, D., ‘The Development of Continuous Strip Mills’, Journal of Iron and Steel Institute, vol. 138, 1938.Google Scholar
- 4.Badlam, S., ‘The Evolution of the Wide Strip Mill’, Yearbook of American Iron and Steel Institute, 1927.Google Scholar
- 5.Borth, Christy, True Steel, 1941.Google Scholar