Anders B. Breivik’s Targeting Process
- 509 Downloads
Here Anders Behring Breivik’s concrete ideas and plans are thoroughly addressed, providing more details on decision-making regarding the target objects from the two last levels in the data set overview. The typology introduced in Chapter 2 is used to shed light on the framework the terrorist operated within, and also the societal context in Norway at the time.
Keywordsdecision-making external factors ideology interaction internal factors plans: political negligence societal context societal security strategy typology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Breivik’s troubled childhood and the failed attempt to have him sent to a foster home are described in detail in Borchgrevink (2013). A Norwegian Tragedy: Anders Behring Breivik and the Massacre at Utøya. Cambridge: Polity;Google Scholar
- and Seierstad (2015). One of Us. London: Virago.Google Scholar
- 4.Langset, Kristin Grue (2011). Breivik har vært medlem og har hatt verv i ungdomspartiet. Aftenposten.Google Scholar
- 10.VG Nett (2012). Foreløpig psykiatrisk vurdering av forhold rundt Anders Behring Breivik. A report by Randi Rosenqvist.Google Scholar
- 13.This phenomenon is extensively covered in Moghaddam, Fathali M. (2008). How Globalization Spurs Terrorism. Westport: Praeger.Google Scholar
- 14.As described in general by Crenshaw, Martha (2011). Explaining Terrorism. Oxon: Routledge, 49.Google Scholar
- 29.NRK Østlandssendingen (2006). Advarte om bomben i 2006.Google Scholar