2010: The Adam Smith Address Macroprudential Supervision and Monetary Policy in the Post-Crisis World
When I look at the roster of previous recipients of the Adam Smith Award, it is very august company indeed. It’s a tremendous honor to appear before you this year, and I am very grateful.
KeywordsMonetary Policy Central Bank Asset Price International Monetary Fund Federal Reserve
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adrian, Tobias, and Hyun Song Shin. 2008. “Financial Intermediaries, Financial Stability, and Monetary Policy,” paper presented at “Maintaining Stability in a Changing Financial System,” a symposium sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, August 21–23. www.kansascityfed.org/publicat/sympos/2008/Shin.03.12.09.pdf.Google Scholar
- Bean, Charles, Matthias Paustian, Adrian Penalver, and Tim Taylor. 2010. “Monetary Policy after the Fall,” paper presented at “Macroeconomic Challenges: The Decade Ahead,” a symposium sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, August 26–28. www.kansascityfed.org/publicat/sympos/2010/bean-paper.pdf.Google Scholar
- Cecchetti, Stephen G., Hans Genburg, John Lipsky, and Sushil B. Wadhwani. 2000. Geneva Reports on the World Economy 2: Asset Prices and Central Bank Policy. Centre for Economic Policy Research.Google Scholar
- French, Keneth R., Martin N. Baily, John Y. Campbell, John H. Cochrane, Douglas W. Diamond, Darrell Duffie, Anil K. Kashyap, Frederic S. Mishkin, Raghuram G. Rajan, David S. Scharfstein, Robert J. Shiller, Hyun Song Shin, Matthew J. Slaughter, Jeremy C. Stein, and René M. Stulz. 2010. The Squam Lake Report: Fixing the Financial System. Princeton,NJ: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Gertler, Mark, and Peter Karadi. 2009. “A Model of Unconventional Monetary Policy,” manuscript, New York University, April.Google Scholar
- Lipsky, John. 2010. “Reconsidering the International Monetary System,” panel presentation at the “Macroeconomic Challenges: The Decade Ahead,” a symposium sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, August 26–28.Google Scholar
- Shin, Hyun. 2009. “Financial Intermediation and the Post-Crisis Financial System,” paper presented at the 8th BIS Annual Conference, June 25–26.Google Scholar
- Taylor, John B., and John C. Williams. 2010. “Simple and Robust Rules for Monetary Policy,” in Handbook of Monetary Economics, edited by Benjamin Friedman and Michael Woodford. North-Holland, Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Yellen, Janet L. 2009. “Linkages between Monetary and Regulatory Policy: Lessons from the Crisis,” presentation to the Institute of Regulation and Risk, North Asia. Held in Hong Kong, November 17.Google Scholar
© Janet L. Yellen 2016