Group Dynamics: What Coaches and Consultants Need to Watch Out for
Attempting to lead without any knowledge of group and institutional process is, in my view, equivalent to attempting to cross the Sahara without a compass or a map. With great luck it is possible, but definitely not the best way of going about things. Yet it is not uncommon for leaders to have very little training or awareness about group and institutional forces in everyday working life, but nevertheless to be at the helm of vast and influential organizations.
KeywordsEmotional Intelligence Group Process Board Meeting Leadership Function Leadership Task
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kets de Vries, M.F.R. (2005). Executive leadership group coaching in action: The Zen of creating high performance teams. The Academy of Management Executive, 19 (1), 61–76.Google Scholar
- 2.Korzybski, A. (1933). Science and Sanity: An Introduction to Non-Aristotelian Systems and General Semantics. New York, International Society for General Semantics.Google Scholar
- 3.Miller, J.G. and Miller, J.L. (1995). Applications of living systems theory. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 8 (1), 19–45.Google Scholar
- 4.Prigogine, I. and Stengers, I. (1979). La Nouvelle Alliance, Metamorphose de la Science. Paris, Gallimard.Google Scholar
- 5.Ackoff, R.L. (1974). Redesigning the Future: A Systems Approach to Societal Problems. New York, WileyGoogle Scholar
- Emery, F.E. (1970). Systems Thinking. Harmondsworth, Penguin BooksGoogle Scholar
- Maruyama, M. (Ed.) (1997). Context and Complexity: Cultivating Contextual Understanding. New York, Springer-VerlagGoogle Scholar
- Rapoport, A. (1984). General Systems Theory: Essential Concepts and Applications. Cambridge, AbacusGoogle Scholar
- Miller, J.G. (1978). Living Systems. New York, McGraw-HillGoogle Scholar
- von Bertalanffy L. (1969). General System Theory: Foundations, Development, Applications. New York, George Brazillier.Google Scholar
- 6.Compernolle, T.H. (1987). Stress op de Middelbare School. Leuven, ACCO.Google Scholar