To maintain international peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace.
KeywordsUnited Nations Security Council International Peace Hague Convention International Dispute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. H. W. Verzijl, International Law in Historical Perspective: Inter-State Disputes and Their Settlements (Martinus Nijhoff, 1976), pp. 185–186.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Soons, International Arbitration: Past and Prospects. A Symposium to Commemorate the Centenary of the Birth of Professor J. H. W. Verzijl (Martinus Nijhoff, 1990), pp. 201–203.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Fahey and R. Armstrong, “Address to the Congress of Peace 1851,” in Peace a Reader: Essential Readings on War, Justice, Non-Violence, and World Order (New Jersey: Paulist Press, 1992), p. 187.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Eyffinger, The First Hague Peace Conference of 1899: “The Parliament of Man, the Federation of the World ” (New York: Springer, 1999).Google Scholar
- 14.M. Haas, International Human Rights: A Comprehensive Introduction (Abingdon, London: Routledge, 2012), p. 61.Google Scholar
- 17.G. Dangerfield, The Strange Death of Liberal England [1910–1914] (London: Perigee Trade, 1935), p. 16.Google Scholar
- 18.L. Desjardins, England, Canada and the Great War (Auckland, New Zealand: Floating Press, 2011), p. 33.Google Scholar
- 20.D. Nasaw, Andrew Carnegie (New York: Penguin Books, 2007), p. 680.Google Scholar
- 22.P. N. Stearns, Peace in World History (New York: Routledge, 2014), p. 112.Google Scholar
- 23.F. Furedi, First World War: Still No End in Sight (London: Bloomsbury, 2014), p. 16.Google Scholar
- 27.M. Hawkesworth and M. Kogan, Encyclopedia of Government and Politics , vol. 2 (Psychology Press, 1992), p. 806.Google Scholar
- 28.F. Cede and L. Sucharipa-Behrmann, The United Nations: Law and Practice (The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff, 2001), p. 5.Google Scholar