It has now become common for firms in developed economies to routinely publish a sustainability report, take steps to increase their energy efficiency, and market some part of their products or services to customers who are in some way interested in their environmental performance. In terms of the modes of responses introduced in Chapter 2, it is more common today to find firms responding with environmental PR or engagement rather than denial and cover up.
KeywordsCivil Society Consumer Behavior Senior Management Carbon Footprint Strategic Issue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.BP (2009), Annual Report.Google Scholar
- 7.Whole Foods (2014), Annual Report on Form 10-K.Google Scholar
- 8.Whole Foods (2012), Food Shopping Trend Tracker Survey.Google Scholar
- 9.Kano (1984), “Attractive quality and must-be quality,” Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, 14(2), 147–156.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Elkington (1998), Cannibals with Forks, New Society Publishers.Google Scholar