Self-Awareness and Your Behavioral Signature
How well do you know yourself? And how do you know what you know? These are the two key questions that must be answered in our quest for self-awareness—a warts-and-all assessment of our strengths and vulnerabilities. I have been on something of a crusade to improve all of my clients’ self-awareness because it significantly correlates with their ability to lead effectively.
KeywordsFacial Expression Attachment Style Blind Spot Attachment Relationship Behavioral Signature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Bennis, On Becoming a Leader (New York: Basic, 2003), 218.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Luft, Of Human Interaction, 5th ed. (Palo Alto: National Press, 1969), 177.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Turvey Criminal Profiling; An Introduction to Behavioral Evidence Analysis, 2nd ed. (San Diego: Academic Press, 2002), 717.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Back and K. Back, Assertiveness at Work: A Practical Guide to Handling Awkward Situations, 2nd ed. (London: McGraw Hill International, 1991), 166.Google Scholar
- 5.R. F. Rakos, “Assertive Behavior: Theory, Research and Training,” in International Series on Communication Skills, O. Hargie, ed. (London: Routledge, 1991), 248.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Minuchin, Families and Family Therapy (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1974), 268.Google Scholar
- 9.W. Oncken and D. L. Wass, “Management Time: Who’s Got the Monkey,” Harvard Business Review, November–December 1999.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Bowlby, A Secure Base. Clinical Implications of Attachment Theory (London: Routledge, 1992), 180.Google Scholar
- 14.J.-E. Dimitrius and M. Mazzarella, Reading People: How to Understand People and Predict their Behavior Anytime, Anyplace (New York: Random House, 1998), 281.Google Scholar
- 15.S. Baron-Cohen, Mindblindness: An Essay on Autism and Theory of Mind (Massachusetts: MIT Press, 1997), 171.Google Scholar
- 16.P. Ekman, “Facial Expressions,” in Handbook of Cognition and Emotion, T. Dalgleish and M. Power, eds. (Hoboken: Wiley, 1999).Google Scholar
- 20.J. Syer and C. Connolly, The Self Awareness Continuum (London: 1992).Google Scholar