Thermodynamic Analysis of a Combined Heat and Power Unit Using Extractions A2, A3 and Crossoverpipe IP–LP for Heater Supply
This chapter presents thermodynamic analysis of the a electric power unit with the rated capacity of 370 MW operating in cogeneration under the assumption of multitude of alternatives of heaters being fed from extractions A2 and A3 of the low-pressure section of the steam turbine and LP–IP crossoverpipe. This analysis takes into consideration feeding heaters from a single and two power units. In addition, the calculations involve a case when the power unit is restored to its original capacity prior to adaptation to cogeneration and one without compensation.
KeywordsPower Unit Chemical Energy District Heating Electric Capacity Electric Power Output
- 1.Bartnik R (2002) Thermal and economic efficiency of combined heat and power generation in gas-steam combined-cycle systems. Wydawnictwo Politechniki Śląskiej, Gliwice (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 2.Bartnik R (2004) Thermal and economic efficiency of heat and power engineering repowered by gas technology. Zeszyty Naukowe Politechniki Łódzkiej, nr 943, Łódź (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 3.Bartnik R (2008) Technical and economic efficiency account in utility power engineering. Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Opolskiej, Opole (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 4.Bartnik R (2009) Combined cycle power plants. Thermal and economic effectiveness. WNT, Warszawa (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 5.Szargut J, Ziębik J (2007) Combined heat and power generation—thermal power stations. Wydawnictwo Pracowni Komputerowej Jacka Skalmierskiego, Katowice–Gliwice (in Polish)Google Scholar