Conceptual Framework for Supply Chain Simulation
This chapter reviews the conceptual framework for supply chain management, which is taken as the basis of this book for supply chain simulation. Next, the main procedures for supply chain simulation are covered.
KeywordsSupply Chain Business Process Supply Chain Management Reverse Logistics Mass Customization
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- G. Archibald, N. Karabakal, P. Karlsson, Supply Chain vs. Supply Chain: Using Simulation to Compete Beyond the Four Walls. Proceedings of the 1999 Winter Simulation Conference, Phoenix, vol 2, pp. 1207–1214 (1999)Google Scholar
- S. Bagchi, M. Buckley, M. Ettl, G. Lin, Experience Using the IBM Supply Chain Simulator. Proceedings of the 1998 Winter Simulation Conference, Washington, pp. 1387–1394 (1998)Google Scholar
- M. Christopher, Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Strategies for Reducing Costs and Improving Service (Prentice Hall, Financial Times, London, 1998)Google Scholar
- M.C. Cooper, L.M. Ellram, J.T. Gardner, A.M. Hanks, Meshing multiple alliances. J. Bus. Logist. 18, 67–89 (1997)Google Scholar
- T.H. Davenport, Process Innovation: Reengineering Work Through Information Technology (Harvard Business School, Boston, 1993)Google Scholar
- T. Davis, Effective supply chain management. Sloan Manage. Rev. 34, 35–46 (1993)Google Scholar
- B.J. Pine II, Mass Customization. The New Frontier in Business Competition (Harvard Business School Press, Cambridge, MA, 1992)Google Scholar
- R.J. Schonberger, Japanese Manufacturing Techniques. Nine Hidden Lessons in Simplicity (Free Press, New York, 1980)Google Scholar
- D. Schunk, B. Plott, Using Simulation to Analyze Supply Chain. Proceedings of the 2000 Winter Simulation Conference, Orlando, vol 2, pp. 1095–1100 (2000)Google Scholar
- A.J. Siprelle, D. Parsons, R.A. Phelps, SDI Industry Pro: Simulation for Enterprise Wide Problem Solving. Proceedings of the 1999 Winter Simulation Conference, Phoenix, pp. 241–248 (1999)Google Scholar
- L.W. Stern, A. El-Ansary, Marketing Channels, 5th edn. (Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1995)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag London Limited 2011