Application of PDEtoolbox™ to Heat Transfer Problems
This chapter presents the use of the PDEtoolbox for heat transfer problems. Heat transfer problems arise in every aspect of materials processing, heat treatment and use. Ability to model situations before committing money, men materials and time go a long way in eliminating wastages. This chapter will introduce the reader to basic methods of modeling some heat transfer situations in a rapid yet effective way.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Heat Transfer Coefficient Heat Transfer Problem Tubular Furnace Transient Problem
- 1.Holman JP (1990) Heat transfer, 7th edn. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Kreith F, Bohn MS (1993) Principles of heat transfer, 5th edn. West Publishing, St PaulGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ozisik MN (1985) Heat transfer: a basic approach. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Myers GE (1971) Analytical methods in conduction heat transfer. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Bird RB, Stewart WE, Lightfoot EN (1960) Transport phenomena. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar