Medical Decision Support Systems: General Considerations
Part of the Health Informatics book series (HI)
Mere capture of data is useful in an EMR, but being able to support clinical and administrative decision-making through means other than the presentation of stored data makes the overall system much more useful.
KeywordsPersonal Health Record Computerize Physician Order Entry Medication Reconciliation Implementation Team Computerize Physician Order Entry System
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Committee on Quality of Health Care in America IoM. To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.Witten IH, Frank E, Hall MA. Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann; 2011.Google Scholar
- 3.University of Waikato. Weka: data mining software in Java [cited 10/1/10]. Available from: http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/. 2010.
- 4.Ash JS et al. Organizational and cultural change considerations. In: Greenes RA, ed. Clinical Decision Support: The Road Ahead. New York: Elsevier/Academic; 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.Anderson HJ. Medication reconciliation: is there a better way? Health Data Management Magazine, January 1, 2010.Google Scholar
- 11.Howell D. Medication reconciliation, CPOE and patient safety: one physician’s viewpoint [cited 10/2/10]. Available from: http://www.executivehm.com/article/Medication-Reconciliation-CPOE-and-Patient-Safety-One-Physicians-Viewpoint/, 2008.
- 12.Connelly C. Cedars-Sinai doctors cling to pen and paper. Washington Post, March 21, 2005.Google Scholar
- 15.Conniff R. What’s behind a smile. Smithsonian Magazine; 2007:51–52.Google Scholar
- 16.Horvitz E, Breese J, Heckerman D, Hovel D, Rommelse K. The Lumiere Project: Bayesian User Modeling for Inferring the Goals and Needs of Software Users. In: Cooper GF, Serafín M, eds. Proceedings of the Fourteenth Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, San Francisco, CA, 24–26 July 1998, University of Wisconsin Business School, Madison; 1998.Google Scholar
- 17.Sinofsky S. Project management at Microsoft [cited 11/3/10]; Available from: http://blogs.msdn.com/techtalk/archive/2005/12/16/504872.aspx, 2005.
© Springer-Verlag London Limited 2011