Metadata and the Use of XML
Part of the Health Informatics book series (HI)
I will try and keep this section brief, and reasonably simplified: more extensive introductions, such as the Wikipedia entry, are freely available. Software developers who have worked with XML may wish to skip this section.
KeywordsUnify Modeling Language Unify Modeling Language Model Scalable Vector Graphic Unify Modeling Language Class Diagram Unify Modeling Language Tool
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.World Wide Web Consortium. XML schema. 2001 [cited Feb 20, 2002]; Available from: http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema.
- 2.Larmouth J. The use of ASN.1 in the specification of e-business standards - (Oct 2003). 2003 [cited 10/2/10]; Available from: http://www.asn1.org/paper/index.htm.
- 3.World Wide Web Consortium. XQuery. 2010 [cited Feb 20, 2010]; Available from: http://www.w3.org/XML/Query.
- 4.Whitemarsh Corporation. SQL 2003: draft standard. 2002 [cited 10/1/10]; Available from: http://www.wiscorp.com/sql_2003_standard.zip.
- 5.Dublin Core Metadata Initiative. Dublin Core Metadata element set, version 1.1: reference description. 2002 [cited 2002 Feb 23, 2002]; Available from: http://dublincore.org/documents/dces/.
- 6.Costello R. Extending XML schemas: a collectively developed set of chema design guidelines. 2010 [cited 10/2/2010]; Available from: http://www.xfront.com/ExtendingSchemas.html.
- 7.Biron P. Health Level Seven: XML schema user experience report. 2005 [cited 9/10/10]; Available from: http://www.w3.org/2005/05/25-schema/HL7.html.
- 8.Schematron.com. Schematron: a language for making assertions about patterns found in XML documents. 2010.Google Scholar
- 9.Microarray Gene Expression Data (MGED) Group. MGED Home Page. 2002 [cited 7/8/02]; Available from: http://www.mged.org/index.html.
- 11.Booch G, Rumbaugh J, Jacobson I. The Unified Modeling Language User Guide. Reading: Addison-Wesley; 1998.Google Scholar
- 12.Object Management Group. XML Metadata Interchange. 2002 [cited Feb 20, 2002 v. 1.02]; Available from: http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/xmi.htm.
© Springer-Verlag London Limited 2011