Cancer care has evolved on many levels, from inpatient single-agent chemotherapy administered by an oncologist to multimodality treatment delivered in various settings using various routes using various modes of delivery. Since surgical resection plays a major role in treating cancer, a comprehensive preoperative evaluation is warranted, especially in those patients with numerous medical problems.
KeywordsChronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Venous Thromboembolism Inferior Vena Cava Filter Vena Cava Filter Revise Cardiac Risk Index
- 3.Ewer MS. Specialists must communicate in complex cases. Intern Med World Rep. 2001;16(5):17.Google Scholar
- 4.Surgery. Web Page. 2010; http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_1_2X_Surgery.asp. Accessed 09/19, 2010.
- 5.Fleisher LA, Beckman JA, Brown KA, et al. ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and care for noncardiac surgery: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines (writing committee to revise the 2002 guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation for noncardiac surgery). 2007; http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/short/116/17/e418 file://C:\A_journals\Guidelines\Fleisher_Circ2007_.pdf.
- 7.Sahai SK. Perioperative care of the patient with cancer. Johns Hopkins Consultative Medicine Essentials for Hospitalists Web site. Available at: http://www.jhcape.com/images/mod10Feb10/fig2_large.jpg. Published: March 1, 2010. Accessed: August 13, 2010.
- 8.Borentain P, Colson P, Coso D, et al. Clinical and virological factors associated with hepatitis B virus reactivation in HBsAg-negative and anti-HBc antibodies-positive patients undergoing chemotherapy and/or autologous stem cell transplantation for cancer. J Viral Hepat. 2010;17(11):807-815.Google Scholar
- 15.Maggi L, Andreetta F, Antozzi C, et al. Thymoma-associated myasthenia gravis: outcome, clinical and pathological correlations in 197 patients on a 20-year experience. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;201–202:237–244.Google Scholar