Medical Records for Health Systems
Medical Records developed within the hospital infrastructure to keep track of what procedures had been done to the patient. Through the rise of health informatics, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) have expanded to include all the services within the hospital, both for diagnosis such as laboratory tests and for treatment such as pharmacy drugs. In this way, EMR have become a critical part of the healthcare infrastructure for acute care.
KeywordsElectronic Medical Record Heart Attack Acute Care Chronic Care Health Information Technology
- 33.Brownstein J, Sordo M, Kohane I, et al. The tell-tale heart: population-based surveillance reveals an association of rofecoxib and celecoxib with myocardial infarction. PLoS ONE. 2007;9:1-6.Google Scholar
- 127.Kaiser EHR. Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect Electronic Health Record. http://xnet.kp.org/newscenter/aboutkp/healthconnect/faqs.html.
- 133.Kemper D, Stilwell D, eds. Healthwise Handbook: A Self-Care Manual for You. 12th ed. Boise: Healthwise Incorporated; 1995.Google Scholar
- 168.National Health Service HealthSpace. http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/systemsandservices/healthspace.
- 173.Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. http://healthit.hhs.gov/portal/server.pt/community/healthit_hhs_gov__home/1204.
- 174.Ornish D. The Program for Reversing Heart Disease. New York: Ballantine Books; 1996.Google Scholar
- 198.Reiser S. Medicine and the Reign of Technology. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 1978.Google Scholar
- 206.Rose G. The Strategy of Preventive Medicine. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 1992; Reprinted 2008.Google Scholar
- 219.Sanders B, Berlin R, Schatz B. Adaptive Question Answering for Population Health Measurement, American Medical Informatics Association AMIA submitted. www.canis.uiuc.edu/~schatz/AMIA2008.pdf; 2008.
- 233.Shortliffe E, Cimino J, eds. Biomedical Informatics: Computer Applications in Health Care and Biomedicine. 3rd ed. New York: Springer; 2006.Google Scholar
- 235.Singh N. Massachusetts Manufacturing Chartbook (Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development). Boston: Commonwealth Corporation; 2008.Google Scholar
- 238.Starr P. The Social Transformation of American Medicine. New York: Basic Books; 1982.Google Scholar
- 287.World Health Organization, International Classification of Diseases. http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/HistoryOfICD.pdf.