Safety Changes Related to ICT Maintenance Systems in Shipping
The new means of communication give the shipping companies possibilities to communicate in different ways and this is changing the cooperation patterns in the companies. This paper deals with the possibilities given by the new means of communication, how this may affect learning and cooperation and affect safety onboard ships.
KeywordsTacit Knowledge Computerize System International Maritime Organization Maintenance System Shipping Company
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Suchman L A. Plans and situated actions. The problem of human-machine communication. Cambridge University Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- 2.Argyris C and Schön D. Organizational learning II Theory, Method and Practice. AddisonWesley Publishing company, Inc, 1996.Google Scholar
- 3.Brown J S and Duguid P. Organizational learning and communities of practice: toward a unified view of working, learning and innovation. Organisation Sience, 2(1): 40–57, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.Nonaka I and Takeuchi H. The knowledge creating company. Oxford University Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.Baumard P. Tacit knowledge in Organizations. SAGE Publications, 1999.Google Scholar
- 6.Ose G O and Berg T E. Results from survey on Future Competence Requirement for Seafarers, MARINTEK report no. 233103.00.02, 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.Huchins E. Learning to navigate, in Chaiklin S and Lave J (eds.), Understanding practice. Perspectives on activity theory and context, Routledge, pp. 35-63, 1996.Google Scholar