An Evolutive Environment for Development of Free-Flight
The risk analysis complexity of the whole air traffic system is very high, and even more the future system, whose technologies and procedures are not accurately defined. This paper proposes a game-like evolutive environment to simulate and evaluate this open system, which is currently changing due to long-term increases of demand and economical factors.
KeywordsEvolutive Environment Strategy Space Hybrid Automaton Conflict Detection International Civil Aviation Organization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Regras do Ar e Serviço de Tráfego Aéreo (IMA100-12). Ministério da Aeronáutica — Departamento de Eletrônica e Proteção ao Vôo, Rio de Janeiro, 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.Annual Report of the Council. Documentation of the session of the Assembly in 2004. International Civil Aviation Organization — Doc 9814, 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.Hoekstra, J. M., van Gent, R. N. H. W., Ruigrok, R. C. J. Designing for safety: the ‘free-flight’ air traffic management concept. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 75, p. 215-232.Google Scholar
- 5.Government/Industry Operational Concept for the Evolution of Free Flight. Edition 2. Issued 8-16-00, Free Flight Steering Committee. Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics RTCA Inc, Washington, DC, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.Muñoz, C. et al. On the Formal Verification of Conflict Detection Algorithms. Lecture Notes in Computer Science v. 2144, Springer Verlag, 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.Prandini, M. et al. A Probabilistic Framework for Aircraft Conflict Detection. In Proceedings of AIAA Guidance, Navigation AND Control Conference, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.Paielli, R. A., Erzberger, H. Conflict probability and estimation for free-flight. In Proceedings of th 35th Meeting of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, AIAA-97-0001, Reno, 1997.Google Scholar
- 9.Federal Aviation Administration: Welcome to Free Flight, http://frp1.faa.gov. Accessed in November, 2003.
- 10.Axelrod, R. The Evolution of Cooperation. Basic Books Inc., 1984.Google Scholar
- 11.Johansson, S. J. Game Theory and Agents. Licentiate Thesis, University of Karlskrona/Ronneby, 1999.Google Scholar
- 12.Vismari, L.F. et al. The Influences of Security Concept in Safety-Related Systems: an Approach to CNS/ATM System. WSEAS Transactions on Systems. Issue 1, Volume 2, 2003.Google Scholar
- 13.ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan for CNS/ATM Systems. Doc 9750, Second Edition. International Civil Aviation Organization, 2002.Google Scholar