Safety Assessment of Large Diameter Boreholes at LILW Storage/Disposal
In the paper safety assessment of boreholes applied for LILW storage or disposal is considered and there are results of radionuclide release calculations presented.
KeywordsRadioactive Waste Safety Assessment Loamy Sand Cement Matrix Disposal System
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Prozorov L.B., Veselov E.I., Rybakov A.I. State of Subsurface Radioactive Waste Repositories. Proc.19th Low-Level Radioactive Waste. Management Conference. Salt Lake City, 1998.Google Scholar
- 2.Prozorov L.B. et all, “Otchet po obosnovaniyu bezopasnosti hranilishtch skvazhinnogo tipa (SBD)”, Technical Report, GUP MosNPO”Radon”, Moscow, 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.Prozorov L.B., Tkachenko A.V., Titkov V.I., Gouskov A.V., Korneva S.A.. Proc. of the international symposium on suction, swelling, permeability and structure of clays, “Interaction Between Clay and Bentonite-Cement Stone Around Large Diameter Well”. Adachi, K. / Fukue, M. (eds): Clay science for engineering — Shizuoka, Japan, 2001, 622 pp., ISBN: 90 5809 175 9Google Scholar
- 4.Prozorov L.B., Tkachenko A.V., Korneva S.A., Dmitriev A.S. “Large Diameter Well as Advanced Near Surface Repository at Radon Sites”. Int. Conf. on Radioactive Waste Disposal (DISTEC 2000), Berlin, Germany, 2000. p.276-278Google Scholar
- 5.Proc. Prozorov L.B., Korneva S.A. Longterm prediction of radionuclide release from borehole type repositories. ICEM’03 CD, Oxford, UK, 2003Google Scholar
- 6.Derivation of Activity Limits for Disposal of Radioactive Waste to Near Surface Facilities, Draft Working Document, Version 0.3, International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, 2001Google Scholar
- 7.Lawson G and Smith G M. BIOS: A model to predict radionuclide transfer and doses to man following releases from geological repositories for radioactive wastes. National Radiological Protection Board. NRPB-R169 (EUR-9755 EN). 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.IAEA Training Course on Safety Assessment Methodologies for Near Surface Disposal Facilities, “Lecture’s Notes”, Version 1.0, Moscow, 2002.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag London 2004