Managing Safety Rules in European Railways
This paper describes the results of a case study in the Netherlands in the context of the European SAMRA1L project, which has described the process of development of the new railway law and the regulations derived from it. It also presents a preliminary analysis of the Dutch system for deriving and managing safety rules at operational level for track maintenance work.
KeywordsProject Group Operational Rule Railway System Rule Management Safety Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.http://samnet.inrets.fr/Google Scholar
- 2.Hale A.R., Heijer T. & Koornneef F. 2003. Management of Safety Rules: the case of railways. Safety Science Monitor v7 (1). http://www.ipso.asn.auGoogle Scholar
- 3.Hale A.R. & Swuste S. 1998. Safety rules: procedural freedom or action constraint? Safety Science. 29 (3) 163-178Google Scholar
- 4.Aanwijzingen voor de regelgeving (Guidance for regulation). 2002. Den Haag. Ministry of Justice, Legislation Division, Sector Legislation Quality Policy.Google Scholar
- 5.Haddon Jr. W. 1973. Energy Damage and the Ten Counter-Measure Strategies. Human Factors Journal, August.Google Scholar