Concept of Risk-based Monitoring and its Application for High-temperature Components in Power Plants
The paper describes the concept of risk-based monitoring (RBMo) and its application in power plants as part of overall concept of risk-based life management (RBLM). The RBLM concept is developed in several industrial and EU projects jointly performed by the Institute for Testing of Materials (MPA) University of Stuttgart, Germany, and the electric utility company EnBW. Its sample application to a piping system in a German power plant is presented in the paper.
KeywordsAmerican Petroleum Institute Probabilistic Safety Assessment Bayesian Inference Approach General Statistical Data North American Electric Reliability Council
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.API Publication 581, Base Resource Documentation — Risk-Based Inspection, First Edition, American Petroleum Institute, 1998Google Scholar
- 3.Risk-Based Inspection Guidelines, Handbook for Fossil Fuel-Fired Power Plants, ASME — American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, 1996Google Scholar
- 4.RIMAP Project No, GROWTH Project G1RD-CT-2001-03008 “RIMAP”, Risk Based Inspection and Maintenance Procedures for European Industry, Commission of the European Communities, Rev. of Oct. 4, 2000Google Scholar
- 5.OREDA Offshore Reliability Data, 3rd Edition April 1977, SINTEF Industrial Management, Safety and Reliability, N-7034 Trondheim, Norway, 1997Google Scholar
- 6.NERC North American Electric Reliability Council — GADS service; Generating Availability Reports 1999 (see http://www.nerc.com/∼gads/)Google Scholar
- 7.Nitch, D. Schmitz, H. Technich-wissenschaftliche Berichte “Wärmekraftwerke”, Analyse der NichtVerfügbarkeit von Wärmekraftwerken 1988-1997, VGB TW 103A, ISSN — Nr. 09370168, 1998Google Scholar
- 8.European Standard 12952-1; Water-tube boilers and auxiliary installations — Part 1: General; Ref. Nr.: EN 12952-1:2001 D, © 2001 CENGoogle Scholar
- 9.Modarres M. What every engineer should know about reliability and risk analysis, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1993Google Scholar
- 10.ALIAS Info Booklet-Advanced Life Assessment System, MPA Stuttgart, revision 14, July 2002Google Scholar