Analysis of Cognitive Activities of Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant Control Room Operators in Case of Abnormal Conditions
Supervisory and control tasks performed in the control room of nuclear power plants depend to a large extent, on the operators’ cognitive activities. Depending on the complexity of the task, cognitive functions can be categorized in skill-based, Rule-based, or Knowledge-based levels. In this paper, a model of operator cognitive performance is developed and used for identification and calculation of average basic human error probabilities for a number of selected operators of Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP-1) control room assuming the occurrence of two accidents: 1) Small Loss of Coolant Accident (SLOCA), and 2) Steam Generator Tube leakage (SGTL), with consideration of two affecting performance shaping factors (PSFs): Time Pressure and Task Complexity.
KeywordsNuclear Power Plant Control Room Small Locus Human Reliability Erroneous Action
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Azadeh, M., A., Modeling and Simulations of Integrated Information Processing and Operators’ Decision Styles to Enhance the Reliability of Nuclear Power Plants, A Dissertation Presented to the Faculty of the Graduate School University of Southern California, In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY, January 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.Gertman, David I., Blackman, Harold S., Human Reliability and Safety Analysis Data Handbook, ISBN 0-471-59110-6 (alk. Paper), 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Hollnagel, E., Cognitive Reliability and Error Analysis Method, Free specimen copy gladly sent on request: Elsevier Science Ltd, The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, 0X5 IGB, UK, ISBN 0-08-0428487, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.Misumi, J., Wilpert, B., Miller, R., Nuclear Safety: A Human Factors Perspective, ISBN 0-7484-0818-5, Taylor and Francis Ltd., 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.Sheridan, T.B. (1983). Measuring, Modeling and augmenting reliability of manmachine system automatica, 19(6), 637–645.Google Scholar
- 6.Swain, A.D., Guttmann, H.H., NUREG/CR-1278 Handbook of Human Reliability Analysis with Emphasis on Nuclear Power Plant Applications Final Report, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM 87185, Manuscript Completed: June 1983.Google Scholar