Recent Advances in Risk Based Inspection Planning for Structures
Recent developments in Risk Based Inspection planning (RBI) for structures are summarized and reviewed. The procedures facilitate the consistent and integral modelling of the inspection efforts for entire structural systems. Applications of the methods for the optimisation of inspections of offshore structures are presented.
KeywordsOffshore Structure Ship Structure Inspection Planning Inspection Scheme Arctic Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Faber MH, Engelund S, Sørensen JD, Bloch A (2000). Simplified and Generic Risk Based Inspection Planning. Proc. 19th Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering Conference, New OrleansGoogle Scholar
- Faber MH, Sträub D, Sørensen JD, Tychsen J (2003). Field Implementation of RBI for Jacket Structures. Proc. 22nd Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering Conference, Cancun, Mexico, paper #37304Google Scholar
- Madsen HO (1987). Model Updating in Reliability Theory. Proc. ICASP5, Vancouver, Canada, pp. 565–577Google Scholar
- Moan T, Vårdal OT, Johannesen JM (2000b). Probabilistic inspection planning of fixed offshore structures. Proc. ICASP8, Sydney, pp. 191-200Google Scholar
- Raiffa H, Schlaifer R (1961). Applied Statistical Decision Theory. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Mass.Google Scholar
- Straub D (2004). Generic Approaches to Risk Based Inspection Planning of Steel Structures. PhD thesis, Institute of Structural Engineering, ETH ZurichGoogle Scholar
- Straub D, Faber MH (2003a). Modeling Dependency in Inspection Performance. Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering, Der Kiureghian, Madanat & Pestana (eds), Millpress, pp. 1123-1130Google Scholar
- Straub D, Faber MH (2003b). Risk Based Acceptance Criteria for Joints Subject to Fatigue Deterioration. Proc. 22nd Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering Conference, Cancun, Mexico, paper #37224Google Scholar
- Straub D., Faber M.H. (2002a). System Effects in Generic Risk Based Inspection Planning. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, in print. Also published in Proc. 21st Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering Conference, Oslo, paper S&R-28426Google Scholar
- Straub D., Faber M.H. (2002b). On the Relation between Inspection Quality and Quantity. Proc. European-American Workshop on Reliability of NDE, BAM, BerlinGoogle Scholar