An Approach for Assessing of Plant-specific Data Variation
In spite of the current general trends of reliability data analysis using Bayesian techniques, which have been applied in most Korean PSAs, it is also necessary to apply the plant-specific data alone in risk-informed applications, because it can give more plant-specific insights. Considering the application of effective plant-specific data evidence, we developed the simulation methods for uncertainty propagation. With the separation of two uncertainty categories of both lack of knowledge and stochastic features, we can propagate the parameter uncertainty using Monte Carlo simulation technique. From the example application for the consideration on the arbitrary plant-specific input parameters, it shows that more broad uncertainty bounds can be developed than the case of generic input parameters.
KeywordsSystem Safety Uncertainty Propagation Epistemic Uncertainty Latin Hypercube Sampling Reliability Engineering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Standard for Probabilistic Risk Assessment for Nuclear Power Plant Applications, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME RA-S-2002, April 5, 2002.Google Scholar
- 2.Advanced Light Water Reactor Utility Requirements Document, Volume II, Chapter 1, Appendix A, PRA Key Assumptions and Groundrules, Rev.7, 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.The Use and Development of Probabilistic Safety Assessment in NEA Member Countries, NEAICSNIIR(2002) 18, OECDINEA, July 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Kaplan, et al., On the Quantitative Definition of Risk, Risk Analysis, Vol.1, No.1, 1981.Google Scholar
- 13.Ulchin Units 3&4 Final Probabilistic Safety Assessment Report, KEPCO, 1997.Google Scholar
- 14.Sang-Hun Han, Reliability DB System Establishment of NPPs and Reliability DB Analysis for KSNP, The 2nd PSA and Reliability DB Workshop, KAERI, 2001. 11.Google Scholar
- 16.European Utility Requirements for LWR NPPs, Volume 2, Chapter 17, PSA Methodology, Rev.B, 1995.Google Scholar