Methodological Approaches on Structural Durability Assessment
Methods on durability assessment of structural components and auto-systems are discussed. Probabilistic safety and durability assessment is based on random performance process and sequence. Peculiarities of deteriorating structures, their actions and target safety indices are presented.
KeywordsReliability Index Safety Index Probabilistic Safety Structural Durability Residual Service Life
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CEB Bulletin 238. New approach to durability design. Sprint-Druck Stuttgart, 1997Google Scholar
- 2.Kudzys A., Narmontas D., Vaicekauskas L. Probabilistic durability analysis in advanced engineering design. Acta Polytechnica 2000; 40-2:3–5Google Scholar
- 3.EN 1990:2002 E. Eurocode — Basis of structural design, 2002Google Scholar
- 4.Kudzys A., Vaidogas E.R. Uncertainties of the method of partial safety factors. In: Bontempi F (ed) System-based Vision for Strategic and Creative Design, vol 1, A.A. Balkema Publishers, Lisse I Abingdon I Exton (PA) I Tokyo, 2003; pp 31–35Google Scholar
- 5.JCSS. Probabilistic evaluation of existing structures. Joint Committee in Structural Safety, RILEM Publication S.A.R.L., 2000Google Scholar