Classification, Analysis and Detection of Interface Inconsistencies in Safety-Relevant Component-based Systems
This article addresses the problem of analysing interface inconsistencies between pre-developed software components to be re-used in new applications. In order to support the component integration, appropriate mechanisms for the timely detection of interface faults are identified and implemented.
KeywordsComponent Interface Architectural Constraint Preliminary Static Analysis Interface Definition Language Semantic Inconsistency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lions JL. ARIANE 5 Flight 501 Failure: Report by the Enquiry Board, European Space Agency, Paris, 1996Google Scholar
- 2.Stephenson AG. Mars Climate Orbiter Mishap Investigation Board Phase I Report, 1999Google Scholar
- 3.Moonen R. Dutch chemical plant explodes due to typing error, The Risks Digest, Forum on Risks to the Public in Computers and Related Systems, 1992Google Scholar
- 4.Leveson N, Turner CS. An Investigation of the Therac-25 Accidents. IEEE Computer, Vol. 26, No. 7, July 1993Google Scholar
- 5.Patriot Missile Defense — Software Problem Led to System Failure at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Report of the US General Accounting Office, 1992Google Scholar
- 6.Yakimovich D, Travassos GH, Basili VR. A Classification of Software Components Incompatibilities for COTS Integration. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Software Engineering, Los Angeles, 1999Google Scholar