Organizational Changes in Transport: A Pitfall to Safety?
The paper describes a risk based method of analyzing the consequences on safety from organizational change in a public transport company in Norway. The choice of analysis level for this sort of risk analysis is addressed.
KeywordsRisk Analysis Organizational Change Traffic Safety Probabilistic Safety Assessment Risk Influence Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hale, A, Baram, M. (eds.): Safety Management: The Challenge of Change, Pergamon, Oxford, 1998Google Scholar
- 2.Steiro, T., Bjørnsen, L., Dørstad, P. and Tveiten, C. K. Leading Safe Change. PSAM7IESREL 2004Google Scholar
- 3.Provisions December 4th. 2001 number 1334, regarding Requirements of Railways, including Tramways, Underground Railways and Suburban Railways etc. (Available only in Norwegian)Google Scholar
- 4.Øien K, Guttormsen G, Hauge S, Sklet S, Steiro T, Monsen J. Experience with complex technical and organizational changes in the offshore petroleum industry. ESREL2003, Maastricht, 2003, pp 1197-1204.Google Scholar
- 5.EN 292-1. Safety of machinery — Basic concepts, general principles for design — Part 1: Basic terminology. CEN, September 1991Google Scholar
- 6.Haddon, W.: The Basic Strategies for Reducing Damage from Hazards of All Kinds. Hazard prevention, Sept.IOct. 1980Google Scholar
- 7.Johnsen, S.O., Lindstad, H. and Nicolaisen, T.: “Risiko og sikkerhet i transport (RIS1T). Kunnskapsoversikt: Deregulering og transportsikkerhet innen veg, bane, luft og sjø.” (“Risk and Safety in Transport (RISIT) — Knowledge survey of Deregulation and Transport Safety”. Available only in Norwegian.) SINTEF Report STF38 A03402, Trondheim, Norway, and January 2003.Google Scholar