Prospects and challenges of risk management
A study on the prospects and challenges of industrial risk management has been carried out. The study included interviews of experts and a literature analysis. The literature analysis covered selected articles, reports and other publications, and resulted in an accomplished overview of the risk management area. The literature supported the identification of the most significant prospects and challenges which will affect and change the development and trends in this field. The interviews of experts from industry and from research supported the evaluation. This paper presents the main prospects and challenges of risk management identified in this research.
KeywordsRisk Management Risk Management Process Significant Prospect Probabilistic Safety Assessment Prospective Technological Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Räikkönen T. and Rouhiainen V. Riskienhallinnan muutosvoimat; Kirjallisuuskatsaus. (Risk management; prospects and challenges, Literature survey). VTT Research Notes 2208. Espoo. VTT, Technical Research Centre of Finland. 77p. (in Finnish)Google Scholar
- 2.Cadiou J-M. The Futures Project: An overview from the IPTS Director. In: The IPTS Futures Project. Synthesis Report. Seville: Institute for prospective technological studies. 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Webster A. Technologies in transition, policies in transition: foresight in the risk society. Technovation 19, 1999.Google Scholar
- 4.OECD. Emerging Systemic Risks in the 21srt Century, An Agenda for Action. OECD, Paris. 291 p.Google Scholar
- 5.Klinke A. and Renn O. A new approach to risk evaluation and management: risk-based, precaution-based, and discourse-based strategies. Risk Analysis, Vol.22, No.6. 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.Hattis D. and Anderson E. What should be the implications of uncertainty, variability, and inherent “biases” / “conservatism” for risk management decision-making? Risk Analysis, Vol.19, No.1, 1999.Google Scholar