Human Factors Analysis: Central Needs for Practical Applications
Recommendations given for the continuation and up-dating of PSAs originally performed in the framework of Periodic Safety Reviews are explained as well as the resulting challenges correlated with their realisation and implementation. Central needs for practical applications related to a Human Factors analysis can be identified to take up these challenges; perspectives are shown on the present state of the art and a HF methodology is outlined which is capable to tackle and consider the requests identified.
KeywordsError Mechanism Human Machine Interaction Event Tree Analysis Erroneous Behaviour Probabilistic Safety Assessment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Swain A. D., Guttmann H. E. Handbook of Human Reliability Analysis with Emphasis on Nuclear Power Plant Applications. NUREG/CR-1278, Sand 80-0200 RX, AN. Final Report, 1983Google Scholar
- 2.Swain A. D. Accident Sequence Evaluation Program, Human Reliability Analysis Procedure. NUREG/CR-4772, Sand 86-1996, RX, AN. February 1987Google Scholar
- 3.Hollnagel E., Cacciabue P. C. Reliability of Cognition, Context, and Data for a Second Generation HRA. Proceedings of International Conference on Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management. San Diego, California, 20–25 March 1994Google Scholar
- 4.Spitzer C. PSA Reviews: Experiences and Insights from Methodological Points of View. In A. Mosleh, R. A. Bari (Eds.), Proceedings of the 4th Int. Conference on Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management (PSAM 4). New York City, USA, 13–18 September 1998. Springer-Verlag London (UK), 1998Google Scholar
- 5.Hannaman G. W., Spurgin A. J. Systematic Human Action Reliability Procedure (SHARP). EPRI NP-3583, Project 2170-3, Interim Report, 1984. NUS Corporation, San Diego, CA, USAGoogle Scholar
- 6.Spitzer C. Improving Operational Safety in Nuclear Power Plants: Extended Consideration of the Human Factor Issue in PSAs. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management (PSAM 5). S. Kondo, K. Furuta (Eds.), 2000, Osaka, Japan; pp 627–632. Universal Academy Press, Inc., Tokyo, JapanGoogle Scholar
- 7.Special Issue on Human Reliability Analysis: Data Issues and Errors of Commission. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, RE & SS 83 No 2, 2004, Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 8.Spitzer C. Human Factors Analysis in the Chemical Industry. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management (PSAM 6). Held on June 23–28, 2002, San Juan, Puerto Rico, USAGoogle Scholar
- 9.Cacciabue P. C. Guide to applying Human Factors Methods. Springer-Verlag, 2004, London, UKGoogle Scholar