A Framework for Analyzing Trust in IT Systems
Objectively justified trust is becoming an issue that receives increasing attention as information technologies conquer new application domains and extend the scope of their applications. We introduce the notion of a trust case as an umbrella term referring to the explicit and structured argumentation supporting and justifying the trust in some explicitly stated system properties, being it safety, security, privacy or any other.
KeywordsTrust Level Virtual Enterprise Hospital Worker Trust Case Drive Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Project IST-1999-12040 DRIVE (Drug in Virtual Enterprise); http://www.e-mathesis.it/Drive/Google Scholar
- 2.UML Resource Center; http://www.rational.com/uml/Google Scholar
- 3.Trust Case Development, WPll Report, Project IST DRIVE (Drugs In Virtual Enterprise), Dl 1.1–3, January 2003Google Scholar
- 4.Górski J., ‘How can we justify trust in software based systems?’, Advanced Computer Systems’2003, Miedzyzdroje, Poland, October 22–24, 2003 (invited lecture)Google Scholar
- 5.Górski J., Jarzębowicz A., Leszczyna R., Miler J., Olszewski M., ‘An approach to trust case development’, LNCS 2788, Springer-Verlag, 2003, pp. 193-206Google Scholar
- 6.Butler M., Leuschel M., Lo Presti S., Allsop D., Beautement P., Booth C., Cusack M., Kirton M. Towards a Trust Analysis Framework for Pervasive Computing Scenarios; http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/archive/00007451/Google Scholar