Guidance for External Events Analysis
In the context of Probabilistic Safety Analysis (PSA) of nuclear power plants (NPP), external events are defined as events originating from outside the plant, but with the potential to create a PSA initiating event at the plant.
KeywordsNuclear Power Plant External Event Screen Analysis Event Strength Safety Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Knochenhauer, M.; Louko, P; Guidance for External Events Analysis; SKI Report 02–27; February 2003.Google Scholar
- 2.Treatment of External Hazards in PSA for Nuclear Power Plants; IAEA Safety Series 50-P-7Google Scholar
- 3.USNRC. Procedural and Submittal Guidance for the Individual Plant Examination of External Events (IPEEE) for Severe Accident Vulnerabilities. NUREG 1407Google Scholar
- 4.Kimura, C.Y.; Prassinos, P.G.. Evaluation of external hazards to nuclear power plants in the United States: Other external events. NUREG/CR-5042-Supplement 2Google Scholar
- 5.ANS; External Events PRA Methodology Standard; BSR/ANS 58.21 — Review version, 2002Google Scholar