Simplified HRA modelling compared to detailed modelling, does it give any significant difference of the result for a PSA?
This paper gives a description of the human reliability analysis (HRA) for a level 2 PSA using expert judgement assessment. It also gives a brief discussion between the use of a detailed, decomposed model and a holistic model using expert judgement.
KeywordsOperator Action Expert Judgement Probable Time Holistic Model Severe Accident
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Swain A.D. & Guttmann H. E. Handbook of Human Reliability Analysis with Emphasis on Nuclear Power Plant Applications. NUREG/CR-1278, Sandia National Laboratories, USA, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Pyy P. & Jacobsson P. Human Reliability Assessment by using Expert Judgement Methodology. Proceedings of the European Conference on Safety and Reliability-ESREL’ 98, Trondheim, Norway, 1998.Google Scholar
- 3.Guidelines for Conducting Human Reliability Analysis in Probabilistic Safety Assessment. IAEA Safety Series No. 50-P-10.Google Scholar
- 4.Pyy, P. Human Reliability Analysis Methods for Probabilistic Safety Assessment (Ph D Thesis). VTT Automation, VTT Publication 422, Espoo, Finland, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.Pyy P. & Pulkkinen U. Use of Expert Judgment Methodology in the Analysis of Barsebäck Shutdown LOCA case. VTT report TAU-7008/97, Espoo, Finland, 1997.Google Scholar