Review of the Major Accident Risk Assessment and Risk Management System in Serbia
Risk assessment and management system for chemical accidents in Serbia during past decade were analyzed. A review of legal framework and its implementation were reviewed. Key steps of risk assessment/management methodology were described including elements of PSA approach, as well as consequence management approach in practice.
KeywordsDangerous Substance Fault Tree Analysis Major Accident Safety Management System Risk Management System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Environmental Law of the Republic of Serbia (The Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No. 66/1991)Google Scholar
- 2.The regulations on the methodology for hazard assessment from chemical accidents and environmental pollution, measures of preparedness and remediation of consequences (The Official Gazette of the RS, No. 60/1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Dangerous Substances in the Republic of Serbia, Initial register for the year 2000, Ministry of Health and Environmental Protection, Belgrade, 2002Google Scholar
- 4.Report on the Current Status of Environment in the Republic of Serbia for the year 2000, Ministry of Health and Environmental Protection, Belgrade, 2002Google Scholar
- 5.Stojanovic B., N.Popovic, Development of software for reviewing of risk assessment from chemical accidents and environmental pollution, Proceedings of the II International Congers of YUSK 1998: 256-261Google Scholar
- 6.ISO 14011 — Guidelines for environmental auditing — Audit procedures — Auditing of environmental management systems, ISO, 1996Google Scholar
- 7.The Kosovo Conflict Consequences for the Environment & Human Settlements, Final Report, UNEP-BTF, 1999, on http: //www.grid.unep.ch/btf/Google Scholar
- 8.Council Directive 82/501/EEC on the major-accident hazards of certain industrial activities (OJ No L 230 of 5 August 1982)Google Scholar
- 9.Council Directive 96/82/EC on the control of major-accident hazards (OJ No L 10 of 14 January 1997)Google Scholar
- 10.The Law on System of environmental protection (Draft), Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of Serbia, Belgrade, 2002Google Scholar
- 11.UN/ECE Convention on Transboundary Effects of Industrial Accidents, 1992, on http: //www.unece.Org/env/teia/english/x1.htmGoogle Scholar