The Evaluation of Reliability and Success Criteria by the Thermal Hydraulic Analysis of Auxiliary Feedwater System using PSA Technology for the Improved KSNP
An AFW system is of prime importance in mitigating accidents. The primary objective of this evaluation is to demonstrate that the newly optimized AFW system design of the improved KSNP is more reliable, safer and more economical than the previous AFW system design (KSNP) and to show that it can meet the success criteria of PSA. The success criteria of AFW system by thermal hydraulic analysis was evaluated by using MAAP code for LOCV and MFLB required by regulatory body. As a result of the analysis for the improved NPP, the thermal hydraulic analysis of AFW system satisfied the success criteria and showed more conservative results than the existing DBA code does.
KeywordsSteam Generator Success Criterion Mission Time Condenser Vacuum Main Steam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“Phase II Design Improvement for KSNP”, KHNP, October 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.“Final Report of Internal Event Analysis for KSNP ”, KOPEC, September 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.NUREG-0635, “Generic Evaluation of Feedwater Transients and Small Break Loss of Coolant Accident in CE-Designed Operating Plant”, January 1980, USNRCGoogle Scholar
- 4.Safety Review Guidelines 10.4.9, “Auxiliary Feedwater System”, October 1999, KINSGoogle Scholar
- 5.Fauske & Associate, Inc., MAAP 4 users manual: Modular Accident Analysis Program for LWR Power Plants, EPRI, May, 1999.Google Scholar