Benchmarking Software Reliability Growth Models
A number of classical software reliability growth models were benchmarked in this paper. Ten popular models were selected. A set of performance characteristics/factors which were believed to be related to the model’s benchmark was identified. A benchmark quantification scheme with respect to the set of performance factors was proposed. The procedure to conduct the benchmarking was established and then applied to the selected ten software reliability growth models. Some interesting results were observed and analyzed.
KeywordsAnalytical Hierarchy Process Software Reliability Aggregation Scheme Reliability Growth Soft Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Jelinski Z. and Moranda, Software Reliability Research, In Statistical Computer Performance Evaluation, W. Freiberger, Ed, New York, pp.465-484, 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.Littlewood B. Rationale for a Modified Duane Model, IEEE Trans. Reliability, Jun, pp. 157-159, 1984.Google Scholar
- 8.Musa J. Software Reliability Data, DACS, RADC, New York, 1980.Google Scholar
- 9.Musa J. and Okumoto, A Logarithmic Possion Execution Time Model for Software Reliability Measurement, Proceedings of 7th International IEEE Conference on Software Engineering, 1984; 3: 230–238.Google Scholar
- 11.Musa J., Iannino J. and Okumoto, Software Reliability, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1987.Google Scholar
- 13.Xie M. Software Reliability Modeling, World Scientific, 1991.Google Scholar
- 15.Yamada S. Software Reliability Growth Modeling: Models and Applications, IEEE Trans. Software Engr, Number 12, pp. 1431-1437, 1985.Google Scholar
- 16.Yamada S. Ohtera, and Narihisa, Software Reliability Growth Models with Testing Effort, IEEE Trans. Software Engr, 1986; 4: 19–23.Google Scholar
- 17.Saaty, T.L. Fundamentals of Decision Making and Priority Theory with the Analytic Hierarchy Process, RWS Publications, Pittsburgh, PA. 1994Google Scholar