Completing the Human Safety Jigsaw
This paper describes an approach to the integrated assessment of human error, violations and safety culture which is intended to overcome some of the gaps which can exist when separate aspects of human factors are analysed in isolation.
KeywordsHuman Factor Human Error Safety Culture Root Cause Analysis Capability Maturity Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Daniels, A. (1999). Bringing out the best in people. McGrawHill. New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Fleming, M. and Lardner, R (2002). Strategies to Promote Safe Behaviour as Part of a Health and Safety Management System. CRR 430/2002, HSE Books, Norwich UK.Google Scholar
- HSE (1999) HS(G)48 Reducing error and influencing behaviour, Norwich HMSOGoogle Scholar
- Lardner, R., Fleming, M. and Joyner, P (2001); Towards a Mature Safety Culture. In Hazards XVI, Analysing the Past, Planning the Future. Institute of Chemical Engineers, Rugby UK.Google Scholar
- Shorrock, S.T. (2003). The Retrospective and Predictive Analysis of Human Error in Air Traffic Control. Doctoral Thesis, University of Nottingham.Google Scholar
- Wickens, C.D. (1992). Engineering Psychology and Human Performance. 2nd Edition. New York: Harper Collins.Google Scholar