A Data Mining Tool Using An Intelligent Processing System with a Clustering Application
This paper presents DIPS, a database using an intelligent processing system. DIPS is a generic data mining tool for use with real-world applications. The tool is developed in Java and has access to an Oracle server for data storage. A Control GUI facilitates data manipulation, and the tool incorporates a set of algorithms for general data mining and clustering applications including e.g. neural networks and evolutionary computation techniques. Case studies are reported incorporating a rule-based genetic clustering algorithm in experimental and real-world applications.
KeywordsData Mining Tool Data Mining Task Oracle Database Cluster Application Java Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fayyad, U., G. Piatetsky-Shapiro, P. Smyth, and R. Uthurusamy, Advances in knowledge discovery and data mining, A A AI Press/The MIT Press, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.Han, J. and M. Kamber, Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, Morgan Kaufman Publishers, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Flanagan, D., Java in a Nutshell, O’Reilly, 1999.Google Scholar
- 4.Oracle Corp., Enterprise DBA Architecture and Administration production 1.0, August 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.Quatrani, T., Visual Modeling With Rational Rose 2000 and UML, Addison-Wesley, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.I Sarafis, AMS Zalzala and P W Trinder, A Genetic Rule-Based Data Clustering Toolkit, In Proc World Congress on Computational Intelligence, May 2002 (to appear).Google Scholar
- 8.Stonebraker, M., Frew, J., Gardels, K., and Meredith, J. 1993, The Sequoia 2000 Storage Benchmark, In Proc. ACM-SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 2–11, Washington, D.C., May 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Guha, R. Rastogi, and K. Shim, CURE: An efficient clustering algorithm for large databases, In Proceedings of ACMSIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pages 73–84, New York, 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.Tian Zhang, Raghu Ramakrishnan, and Miron Livny, BIRCH: An Efficient Data Clustering Method for Very Large Databases, In Proceedings of the 1996 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pages 103–114, Montreal, Canada, 1996.Google Scholar