Image Histogram Features Based Thermal Image Retrieval to Pattern Recognition of Machine Condition
Thermal image investigation has exposed up to date and remote diagnosis of machine condition which is very important part of industry maintenance. By using thermal image, the information of machine condition can be investigated; it is easier than other conventional methods of machine condition monitoring. In the current work, the behaviour of thermal image is investigated with different condition of machine. A test-rig that represents the machine in industry was set up to produce thermal image data in experiment. Some significant features have been extracted and selected by means of PCA and ICA and other irrelevant features have been discarded. The aim of this study is to retrieve thermal image by means of selecting proper feature to recognize the fault pattern of the machine. The result shows that classification process of thermal image features by SVM and other classifier can serve for machine fault diagnosis.
KeywordsSupport Vector Machine Machine Condition Independent Component Analysis Fault Diagnosis Thermal Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. Thomas, The continued and future use of infrared use of infrared thermography, Proceeding of 2nd WCEAM. pp. 1897-1907.Google Scholar
- 4.R.A. Epperly, G.E. Herberlin and L.G. Eads(1997), A tool for reliability and safety: predict and prevent equipment failure with thermography, IEEE App. Soc. Procs. pp 59-68.Google Scholar
- 5.Umbaugh and Scott E. Computer Imaging: (2005) Digital Image analysis and processing. Taylor & Francis.Google Scholar
- 10.J.D. Son, G. Niu, B.S. Yang, Don Ha Hwang & Dong Sik Kang. (2009) Development of Smart sensors system for fault diagnosis. Expert System with Applications, in press.Google Scholar
- 13.S. Qiao, C. Ping, Z. Da, and Feng, X.(2004). Pattern recognition for automatic machinery fault diagnosis. Transactions of the ASME: Journal of Vibration and Acoustic. V126, 307-316.Google Scholar