In Sect. 3.4, we consider the system that repeats up and down such as operating and failed states alternately. Next, as one example of extended models, we take up the system with repair maintenance: The system begins to operate at time 0 and undergoes repair according to two types of failures such as minor and major failures. After the repair completion, the system becomes like new and begins to operate again.
KeywordsMarkov Chain Transition Probability Matrix Interarrival Time Kolmogorov Equation Stationary Transition Probability
- 1.Osaki S (1992) Applied stochastic system modeling. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 2.Kemeny JG, Snell JL (1960) Finite Markov chains. Nostrand Co, PrincetonGoogle Scholar
- 3.Tijms HC (2003) A first course in stochastic models. Wiley, ChichesterGoogle Scholar
- 4.Ross SM (1983) Stochastic processes. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Barlow RE, Proschan F (1965) Mathematical theory of reliability. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 6.Nakagawa T (2005) Maintenance theory of reliability. Springer, LondonGoogle Scholar