Operations and Functionality
This chapter explains a number of basic operations, with a brief description of an algorithm, special cases and some experiments to do. This is not a complete set of operations but the core operations that are found in most systems.
KeywordsBoolean Operation Original Object Curve Face Collision Check Dual Edge
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.Braid, I.C.: Designing with volumes. Ph.D. Dissertation, CANTAB Press, Cambridge Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge (1974)Google Scholar
- 3.Braid, I.C.: Notes on a geometric modeller. CAD Group Document 101, Cambridge University Computer Laboratory (1979)Google Scholar
- 4.Mäntylä, M.: An Introduction to Solid Modeling. Computer Science Press, New York, ISBN 0-88175-108-1 (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Jared, G.E.M., Stroud, I.A.: Local operators in the BUILD system, from advances in CAD/CAM. In: Proceedings of the 5th International IFIP/IFAC Conference on Programming Research and Operations Logistics in Advanced Manufacturing Technology PROLAMAT 82, pp. 55–65. North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam (1982)Google Scholar
- 7.Bain, G.: Celtic Art the Methods of Construction. Constable, London (1951)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag London Limited 2011