Design and Performance of Gas–Liquid Cylindrical Cyclone/Slug Damper System
A dynamic model and a simulator have been developed for the Gas–Liquid Cylindrical Cyclone/Slug Damper (GLCC-SD) system, for the prediction of its flow behavior under transient slugging flow conditions. Separate dynamic models and simulators are developed for the GLCC and the SD units, which are integrated together with a slug generator model/simulator into an overall model/simulator for the GLCC-SD system. Simulation examples are presented for the GLCC, SD and integrated GLCC-SD system. The GLCC-SD simulation results demonstrate clearly the advantage of this system in dampening and smoothing the liquid flow rate under slug flow conditions, providing a fairly constant flow rate at the GLCC outlet liquid leg.
KeywordsControl Valve Liquid Level Stem Position Valve Stem Diaphragm Pressure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Wa00]Wang, S.: Dynamic simulation, experimental investigation and control system design of gas–liquid cylindrical cyclone separators. Ph.D. Dissertation. The University of Tulsa (2000). Google Scholar
- [ReGo08]Reinoso, A., Gomez, L., Wang, S., Mohan, R., Shoham, O.: Design and performance of slug damper. Energy Resour. Technol., 130, n. 4, (2008). Google Scholar
- [Ko02]Kouba, G.: A slug damper for compact separators, in: ETCE2002/PROD-29116, Proceedings of ASME Engineering Technology Conference on Energy, Houston, TX (Feb. 4–5, 2002). Google Scholar
- [Ma98]Mantilla, I.: Bubble trajectory analysis in GLCC separators. M.S. Thesis. The University of Tulsa (1998). Google Scholar
- [Go01]Gomez, L.: Dispersed two-phase swirling flow characterization for predicting gas carry-under in gas–liquid cylindrical cyclone compact separators. Ph.D. Dissertation. The University of Tulsa (2001). Google Scholar
- [Av01]Avila, C.: Mathematical modeling for integrated three-phase compact separators. M.S. Thesis. The University of Tulsa (2003). Google Scholar
- [MuYo02]Munson, B., Young, D., Okiishi, T.: Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics, Fourth edition, John Wiley and Sons (2002). Google Scholar
- [Go98]Gomez, L.: A state-of-the-art simulator and field application design of gas–liquid cylindrical cyclone separators. M.S. Thesis. The University of Tulsa (1998). Google Scholar
- [Pe05]Pereyra, E.: Transient mechanistic model for slug damper/Gas–Liquid Cylindrical Cyclone (GLCC) compact separator system. M.S. Thesis. The University of Tulsa (2005). (http://www.tustp.org/publications)
- [Ge85]Genceli, H.: Dynamic simulation of slug catcher behavior. M.S. Thesis. The University of Tulsa (1985). Google Scholar
- [AlSa03]Al-Safran, E., Sarica, C., Zhang, H., Brill, J.: Probabilistic/mechanistic modeling of slug length distribution in a horizontal pipeline, in: SPE 84230 (2003). Google Scholar
- [Ko03]Kouba, G.: Mechanistic model for droplet formation and breakup, in: Proceedings of ASME/JSME (2003). Google Scholar