Nonlinear Abel-Type Integral Equation in Modeling Creep Crack Propagation
A nonlinear Abel-type equation is obtained in this paper to model creep crack time-dependent propagation in the infinite viscoelastic plane. A finite time when the integral equation solution becomes unbounded is obtained analytically as well as the equation parameters when solution blows up for all times. A modification to the Nyström method is introduced to numerically solve the equation and some computational results are presented.
KeywordsIntegral Equation Fatigue Crack Propagation Accumulation Rule Creep Crack Growth Solution Blow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [GoVe91]Gorenflo, R., Vessella, S.: Abel Integral Equations Analysis and Aplications, Springer Verlag, Berlin–New York (1991). Google Scholar
- [MiNa03a]Mikhailov, S.E., Namestnikova, I.V.: Local and non-local approaches to fatigue crack initiation and propagation, in: IUTAM Symposium on Asymptotics, Singularities and Homogenisation in Problems of Mechanics (Editor: A.B. Movchan), Kluwer, The Netherlands, 285–294 (2003). Google Scholar
- [MiNa03b]Mikhailov, S.E., Namestnikova, I.V.: Local and non-local approaches to creep crack initiation and propagation, in: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on the Mechanical Behaviour of Materials, Geneva, Switzerland (2003). Google Scholar
- [MiNa09]Mikhailov, S.E., Namestnikova, I.V.: About accumulation rules for life-time prediction under variable loading, in: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Fracture, Ottawa, Canada. Natural Resources Canada & National Research Council of Canada (2009). Google Scholar
- [PeMa71]Penny, R., Marriott, D.: Design for Creep, McGraw-Hill, London (1971). Google Scholar
- [Sa61]Savin, G.N.: Stress Concentration around Holes, Pergamon Press, Oxford (1961). Google Scholar