Generalized Frame Multiresolution Analysis of Abstract Hilbert Spaces
We define a very generic class of multiresolution analysis of abstract Hilbert spaces. Their core subspaces have a frame produced by the action of an abelian unitary group on a countable frame multiscaling vector set, which may be infinite. We characterize all the associated frame multiwavelet vector sets and we generalize the concept of low and high pass filters. We also prove a generalization of the quadratic (conjugate) mirror filter condition, and we give two algorithms for the construction of the high pass filters associated to a given low pass filter.
KeywordsHigh Pass Filter Riesz Basis Dual Frame Frame Wavelet Range Projection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Aldroubi, personal communication.Google Scholar
- C. Chui, W. He, J. Stöckler, and Q. Sun, Compactly supported tight affine frames with integer dilations and maximal vanishing moments, to appear in Advances Comput.Maihem.special issue on frames, 2002.Google Scholar
- I. Daubechies, Framelets:MRA-based constructions of wavelet frames, preprint2001.Google Scholar
- R. V. Kadison and J. R. Ringrose, Fundamentals of the Theory of Operator Algebras, Vol. II, GSM Vol.16American Mathematical Society, 1997.Google Scholar
- M. Papadakis, Generalized frame multiresolution analysis of abstract Hilbert spaces and its applications, SPIE Proc. 4119Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing VIIIA. Aldroubi, A. Laine, and M. Unser (eds.), pp. 165–175, 2000.Google Scholar
- M. Papadakis, Frames of translates and the generalized frame multiresolution analysis, Trends in Approximation Theory, K. Kopotun, T. Lyche, and M. Neamtu (eds.), pp. 353–362, Vanderbilt University Press, Nashville, TN, 2001.Google Scholar
- M. Papadakis, Frames of translates and examples in generalized frame multiresolution analysis, SPIE Proc. 4478Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing IXA. Aldroubi, A. Laine, and M. Unser (eds.), pp. 142–150, 2001.Google Scholar
- M. Papadakis, G. Gogoshin, I. Kakadiaris, D.J. Kouri, and D. K. Hoffman, Radial frame multiresolution analysis in multidimensions, preliminary version, 2002.Google Scholar
- A. Petukhov, Explicit construction of framelets, preprint, 2000.Google Scholar
- I. W. Seleznik and L. Sendur, SPIE Proc.4119(2000),Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing, A. Aldroubi, A. Laine, and M. Unsef (eds.).Google Scholar
- X. Wang, The study of wavelets from the properties of their Fourier transforms, Ph.D. Thesis, Washington University in St. Louis, 1995.Google Scholar
- G. Weiss and E. N. Wilson, The mathematical theory of wavelets, Proc. NATO-ASI meeting inHarmonic Analysis: A CelebrationKluwer, Dordrecht, 2001.Google Scholar