Sampling Theorems for Nonbandlimited Signals
In recent years many of the results for bandlimited sampling have been extended to the case of nonbandlimited signals. These recent extensions have been found to be useful in digital signal processing applications such as image interpolation, equalization of communication channels, and multiresolution computation. In this chapter we give a brief overview of some of these ideas.
KeywordsFilter Bank Finite Impulse Response Sampling Theorem Finite Impulse Response Filter Synthesis Filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Aldroubi and M. Unser, Oblique projections in discrete signal subspaces ofl 2 and the wavelet transform, Proc. SPIE. vol. 2303, Wavelet applications in signal and image processing, II, 36–45, San Diego, CA, 1994Google Scholar
- I. Daubechies, Ten lectures on waveletsSIAM, CBMS seriesApril 1992Google Scholar
- H. Nyquist, Certain topics in telegraph transmission theoryAIEE Trans. 47:617–644, Jan. 1928Google Scholar
- A. V. Oppenheim, A. S. Willsky, and I. T. YoungSignals and SystemsPrentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1983Google Scholar
- P. P. Vaidyanathan and S-M. Phoong, Reconstruction of sequences from nonuniform samplesProc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits and Sys.Seattle, April-May, 1995.Google Scholar
- P. P. Vaidyanathan and I. Djokovic, Wavelet transformsThe Circuits and Filters Handbookedited by W. K. Chen, CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 134–219, 1995.Google Scholar
- B. Vrceljand and P. P. Vaidyanathan, Results on vector biorthogonal partnersProc. Int. Conf. Acoust., Speech, and Sig. ProcVI:3637–3640, Salt Lake City, May 2001Google Scholar
- P. P. Vaidyanathan and B. Vrcelj, On sampling theorems for non bandlimited signalsProc Int. Conf. Acoust., Speech, and Sig. ProcVI:3897–3900, Salt Lake City, May 2001.Google Scholar
- P. P. Vaidyanathan, Multirate systems and filter banks, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1993.Google Scholar